Planning a baby shower can seem a bit daunting but if you plan it well in advance and follow this simple checklist you should be ok but please remember this is a guide and you do not have to stick to it rigorously.
10 Weeks before the baby shower.
- Ask the mum-to-be if she would like a baby shower.
- Decide who is going to host or co-host it.
- Set a budget and ask other guests to chip in.
- Decide where to host the party, at home or at a venue.
- Pick a date that is suitable for all the important guests.
- Make a guest list and confirm it with the parents-to-be.
6 Weeks before.
- Choose a theme if you are going to have one.
- Go shopping for disposable tableware and decorations.
- Send out invitations with RSVP‘s.
- Plan the menu finger foods or deserts work best.
4 Weeks before.
- Arrange some extra hands to help with cooking and general duties.
- Prepare for games by getting the props and materials needed.
- Order the cake and flowers.
1 week before.
- Follow up on rsvp’s if you haven’t had a reply.
- Put together goody bags (favours).
- If the party is to be held in a house give it a bit of a spring clean.
- Shop and cook any food that can be kept or frozen.
3 days before.
- Get the last minute grocery items.
1 day before.
- Give the house a last minute once over.
- Set up the party area and put up as many decorations that you can.
- Prepare any last minute food.
On the day.
- Pick up the cake and flowers.
- Pump up the balloons and finish the decorating.
- Set the main table with food and tableware.
- Designate someone to look after the mum-to-be.
If the baby shower is being held at a venue then you will have to take all your prepared party food, decorations and all other bits and bobs to the venue and set up there.